Women Who Tech is on a mission to fund women-led startups. Through our Women Startup Challenges, which have been held in Washington, D.C. at 1776, New York at Microsoft and Google, San Francisco at LinkedIn, and London at City Hall, we have brought together the best early-stage, women-led startups using tech to rapidly scale and innovate.
We will be launching our next Women Startup Challenge Europe at the end of June 2018. It will be held in Paris, France in October.
March 6, 2018 Cohosted by Google
Meet the 10 finalists for the Women Startup Challenge: Emerging Tech, one of the largest pitch competitions to showcase and fund early-stage, women-led technology startups focused on Augmented Reality, Blockchain, IoT, Space and Robotics, Transportation, Biotech, Virtual Reality, Energy, and Agriculture Tech.
Aimed at closing the gender gap in the tech sector, the startup challenge featured 10 finalists pitching their emerging tech ventures before a panel of prominent investors including Nisha Dua, Partner at BBG Ventures, Iana Dimkova, Director on Healthcare Investing Team at GE Ventures, John Ason, Angel Investor, and Erica Duignan Minnihan, Managing Partner, 1000 Angels.
The pitch competition took place March 6, 2018 at Google’s New York Campus, where Emma Yang of Timeless took home the grand prize $50,000 cash grant.
Women Who Tech is supported by Craig Newmark, founder of craigslist and Craig Newmark Philanthropies, Google, Blanc & Otus, Rad Campaign, and Invisu.
Women Who Tech has hosted six previous Women Startup Challenges, connecting women-led startups with more than $1 million in prizes, crowdfunded dollars, and investments.
- Emerging Tech – March 6, 2018 at Google
- Women Startup Challenge Europe, – May 3, 2017 at City Hall, London
- Women Startup Challenge VR and AI, New York, NY – February 15, 201 at Google
- Women Startup Challenge US, San Francisco, CA – June 14, 2016 at LinkedIn
- Women Startup Challenge North East, New York, NY – November 9, 2015 at Microsoft
- Women Startup Challenge US, Washington, DC – June 30, 2015 at 1776 and General Assembly