We are now accepting applications for the fifth Women Startup Challenge, which will be the first-ever international competition.
The challenge, held in partnership with Craig Newmark of craigslist and the Craig Newmark Philanthropic Fund, is open to women-led tech startups across all verticals in Europe.The 10 best applicants will be selected to pitch their startups, May 3, 2017, on stage at London’s City Hall, hosted by the office of Mayor Sadiq Khan. Prizes include €50,000 and other startup friendly services (subject to change).
How to Apply
Startups located within Europe that have at least one woman cofounder can apply to this Startup Challenge.
Applications will be accepted from February 9, 2017 at 8:00 UTC until March 8, 2017 at 23:59pm UTC.
Our distinguished judging panel of tech entrepreneurs and investors include Baroness Martha Lane Fox, Founder of Doteveryone; Jimmy Wales, Cofounder of Wikipedia; and Marie-Laure Sauty de Chalon, CEO and Chairman of the Board of Directors of auFeminin.com (the world’s leading internet portal for women).
Women Startup Challenge Europe Pitch Competition
Wednesday, May 3, 2017
City Hall, London
- Your tech venture can be at the concept stage, prototype, or have already launched.
- Your applications must be submitted in English. All finalists pitches must be done in English.
- Your startup must incorporate technology into the approach of your product, which allows the company to rapidly and massively scale in a manner that traditional, independent small businesses cannot. Please note that using tech (i.e. hosting a blog, selling products on your website, or using social media in your marketing) does not qualify as using tech to scale on a mass level nationally and globally.
- Fast growing with degrees of innovation and technology.
- You’ve raised less than €2M from combined sources.
- You are a technical Founder or you have a technical Cofounder. Note: If you don’t have a technical Cofounder, please email us and tell us more about your setup.
- You are a woman-led startup (defined as at least having at least one woman Cofounder on the team).
- All ideas must be original work or an improvement upon an existing idea without infringements.
- Your startup must be located within Europe, and have a European bank account.
- Note: Agencies or consulting businesses are not eligible unless you have created a product that fits the above criteria.
- All applications must be submitted in English, and all pitches must be conducted in English.
- Applications will be accepted from February 9, 2017 at 8:00 UTC until March 8, 2017 at 23:59pm UTC.
- Applications will only be accepted online through http://www.womenwhotech.com and through the reviewr.com site.
- No applicant may reach out to judges, sponsors, and/or partners in advance of Women Startup Challenge Europe advocating for their startup. Anyone who does will be disqualified.
- We reserve the right to select and reject winners at any time, and we may add finalists to any round of the competition to give more entrepreneurs access to Women Startup Challenge Europe.
- All finalists must pay their own travel and accommodations to the final Pitch Competition in London on May 3, 2017.
Sign up for our email list to be notified about this and other Women Who Tech events.