Women Who Tech’s 8th Women Startup Challenge is showcasing and funding the best early stage women-led startups in North America who are building products to solve big problems.
Launched in partnership with Craig Newmark, founder of craigslist and Craig Newmark Philanthropies, the Women Startup Challenge will showcase 10 of the best early stage, women-led startups who will pitch their companies at Google in New York City on May 29, 2019.
When: Wednesday, May 29, 2019
Where: Google, 85 10th Ave, New York City, NY 10011
Tickets: Reserve your seat today! This is a free event that will sell out quickly.
Meet the Finalists
Meet the 10 finalists who were selected from hundreds of women-led startup applicants.
- Basepaws — Pitching Founder: Anna Skaya
- Ejenta — Pitching Founder: Rachna Dhamija
- Elidah — Pitching Founder: Gloria Kolb
- Farm Fare — Pitching Founder: Cullen Naumoff
- Good Call NYC — Pitching Founder: Stephanie Yim
- i-Subz — Pitching Founder: Jasmine Edwards
- LOOMIA — Pitching Founder: Madison Maxey
- Metalmark Innovations — Pitching Founder: Sissi Liu
- Queen of Raw — Pitching Founder: Stephanie Benedetto
- The Growcer — Pitching Founder: Alida Burke
Our panel of investors includes:
- Ellie Wheeler, Partner at Greycroft
- Esther Dyson, Executive Founder of Wellville, Investor
- Jen Wolf, Partner and COO of Initialized Capital
- Jennifer Fielding, Managing Director of Techstars and Cofounder of The Fund
- Nashilu Mouen-Makoua, Investor at First Round Capital
- Nisha Dua, General Partner at BBG Ventures
Awards and Prizes
In addition to the $50,000 cash grant (equity-free), all 10 finalists will receive fundraising pitch coaching leading up to the Women Startup Challenge and attend a half day mentoring event in partnership with Techstars in NYC where they will meet meet one-on-one with investors at Silicon Valley Bank.
Note: Women Who Tech uses an inclusive definition of “woman” and “female”, and we welcome transwomen, genderqueer women, and non-binary people who identify, have identified, or have been identified as female or woman.